Digital Robot 2000A
Digital Robot 2000A is a fully automated four-clamp perfect binder with maximum flexibilty for off-line and near-line book binding production for on-demand printing.
It features fully automated set-up through touch screen or via barcode scanning, integrated thickness auto-measurement, short changeover time for various binding formats, interchangeable EVA and PUR system (option), which makes Digital Robot 2000A an ideal solution for both digital and offset production.
Modular design of Digital Robot 2000A provides broad connectivity to digital three-knife trimmer and digital stacker to achieve an intergrated production line. It needs only one operator to finish the production from book blocks to perfect finished books, which offers a great saving on the labor forces.
- Fast Automatic Changeover: Automatic job changeover can be accurately completed down to 10s for book thickness change and book formats at the fastest speed.
- High Production Efficiency: Binding production speed can reach up to 1,600 books/hour, together with best-in-class binding quality for both digital and offset production.
- Integrated Auto Book Thickness Measurement: Simply put the book block in the pneumatic book clamp, book thickness will be automatically measured and the machine will finish all thickness relevant adjustment in just 5 seconds. which provides greater production efficiency.
- Designed for Industrial Production: Digital Robot 2000A can run 24 hours x 7 days to assure ulitimate production need, thanks to the robust construction with European high quality standards.
- Optional PUR Gluing Station: User-oriented moveable glue tank design allows changeover between EVA and PUR glue application system in just minutes.
Touch Screen Control System
The icon-based 10-inch touch screen enables ease of operation. Inputting required book format and production parameters on the touch screen or via scanning barcode, the set-up will be automatically finished in 30s at the fastest speed. The control system can memorize 99 jobs and be retrieved as requested.
Automatic Adjusted Book Clamps
Simply put the book block in the pneumatic book clamps, book thickness will be automatically measured, and all revelvant work steps are set accordingly. The vibration unit aligns the book block precisely before the book clamps close. The height of book feeding station can be adjusted.
Space-saving design integrated milling and notching, brushing for optimal glue pentration and binding. Opening width of milling pressure plate is automatically adjusted, with milling depth adjustable from 0~3mm. Operator can use switch handle to easily enable and disable milling as needed.
Spine Gluing Station
Two application rollers and one rotating spinner ensure superior glue application to the book spine for optimal binding quality. The spine glue length and thickness are adjusted automatically and accurately. Changeover between EVA and PUR system can be easily completed in minutes.
Side Gluing Station
Two large application discs ensure even side glue application to the front and back of the book blocks. The external side gluing discs adjusts automatically according to the book thickness.
Cover Feeding Station
The cover sheets can be fed continuously and reliably during the production. The side gauges of cover feeding station and position of cover scoring wheels are automatically adjusted according to the input data. Sensitive double-feed and miss-feed control ensures accurate feeding of every cover.
Thanks to the strong and rigid nipping mechanism, covers can be precisely and firmly nipped with the book blocks to obtain perfectly-shaped book spines. The opening width of nipping plates and side gauges are automatically adjusted.
Innovative Soft Book Lay-Down System
The soft book lay-down system works as an auto-lift conveyor to receive and transport bound books gently, which can maximally protect the just bound book spine from any slight deformation.
Performance Enhancing Options：
- Book Block Thickness Caliper
- Barcode Reader for Book Block and Cover Sheet Format
- Barcode Reader for Matching Book Block and Cover Sheet
- Nordosn PUR Nozzle System
- JMD PUR Open Glue Tank
|Machine Model||Digital Robot 2000A|
|No. of Clamps||4|
|Max. Mechanical Speed||2000c/h|
|Book Block Length (a)||140-400mm|
|Book Block Width (b)||120-270mm|
|Book Block Thickness (c)||3-50mm|
|Cover Length (d)||140-450mm|
|Cover Width (e)||280-590mm|